I am proud to be speaking at the IMN 2nd Annual Investors’ Conference on Greek and Cypriot NPLs. This year title will be “Establishing a Secondary Market”.
The event will take place in Athens on 8 February 2019.
In the panel on Improving NPL Liquidity: The Role of Government Guarantee Schemes and the Creation of a “Bad Bank” Michael Haralabidis, Chief Risk Officer, Hellenic Financial Stability Fund, Mario Cortesi,Head of Distressed Credit, Quaestio Capital Management and myself will address the following questions:
- Has the NPL Law provided the necessary framework for a robust secondary loan market or has it created additional unintended impediments?
- Would a scheme similar to that of Italy’s “GACS” programme work in Greece? Why or why not?
- Would a government backed scheme aid in attracting a larger and more diverse investor base?
- What structural reforms are still needed to foster a healthy secondary NPL market?
- How might political instability further dampen market liquidity? Will the government continue to support the market?
Do you like these updates? subscribe my newsletter
Are you interested in Italian banks and NPL/UTP market? Ask for a briefing (in person or via conference call) by sending me a private message. I am also available for consulting projects on Distressed Assets pricing and Portfolio Management.
GLG – Gerson Lehrman Group – Council Member